SCALLOPED BORDER HEAVILY BANDED IN GOLD; GOLD STENCILED EIGHT-POINTED MEDALLION IN CENTER
DIAMETER IS 8.375 INCHES; WEIGHT IS 11.8 OZ.
MARK IN GREEN: T&V IN RECTANGLE OVER “ LIMOGES”, “ FRANCE”, "DEPOSE" . UNDERGLAZE WHITE WARE MARK, CA. 1907-1919.
REDDISH-PURPLE STORE MARK OF “BAYNARD BANKS & BRYAN” OVER BELL, “WILMINGTON DE” UNDERNEATH BELL.
Tressemann and Vogt (T&V) decorated and exported Limoges in Limoges, France from the early 1880’s, and began the actual manufacture of porcelain in 1891. The Limoges area was rich in the kaolin and petuntse clays that are critical to the manufacture of fine porcelains.
The store mark indicates this plate was made to order for that particular store (Baynard Banks and Bryan in Wilmington Delaware), and not for general distribution The bell in the middle indicates it was decorated by T&V artisans, and not by the store or anyone else.